Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Episode 14 GLEE-wind

by Brittany Geragotelis
All I can say about last night is...W-O-W!

"Glee's" first ep back (after too long of being off air) was UH-mazing. Chock-full of comedy, music and drama, this episode did not disappoint.

photo credit: FOX/Glee
How awesome was the music in this episode?!?! It was kind of cool to hear Rachel singing something more pop-ish than the Broadway-esque music she usually sings on the show. And how many times have we sung along with music on the radio, wishing we were singing to that guy who hurt us? The payback Rachel was able to deliver to Phinn through singing All American Rejects' "Give You Hell"—Well, payback's a bitch, right?

From the moment Mr. Shu mentioned they'd be choosing songs with "Hello" in the title, I was yelling, "Do 'Hello' by Lionel Ritchie!" at the TV. When I saw that Rachel was holding the album (or was it sheet music?) in her hands, I squealed with glee (pun intended)! This song has been a favorite of mine for a long time, so hearing it in a duet by Rachel and the new guy (whose character I love, but I have a feeling he's not such a good guy) really rocked my socks off.

And can we take a moment to talk about the blonde, dim-witted cheerleader, Brittany? (No, not me. I'm a brunette. And retired from my cheerleading days) I love that they're giving this character more of a role this 1/2 of the season. Her timing and delivery of her lines is nothing short of GENIUS. How funny was she when she turned to Santana and said "You know that dolphins are just gay sharks, right?"

Lastly...I can't wait until next week's episode. Madonna is the focus of this one, and I think it's going to be the best episode of the season. Don't believe me? Take a look at the music video they aired after last night's ep...Seriously, OMG!!!

5x5,
B.

0 comments:

 
;